[Techtoolslist] FLUKE 9100A SCSI to CF Adapter - Success with Stratos CF AZTECMONSTER

techtools-steve techtools at arcadehacking.com
Fri Nov 9 14:01:21 EST 2012

Yea, the one you used is difficult to find (discontinued) and expensive
as heck these days. The AZTECMONSTER has been rock solid and tested
with both a 64mb and 128mb card so far. I don't have any larger CF
devices of I would have tired to push the envelope a bit further. I
believe I paid $115 USD shipped (9900 yen was about $99 not that long
ago) when I ordered mine but the dollar has since continued it's slide
into obscurity. :-(

One cautionary warning for anyone looking to install a CF in the fluke,
avoid the mechware product at all costs. It will not work with or
without the PCMCIA bridge. I contacted the distributor, attempted
multiple variations on the configuration and never got it working. The
AZTECMONSTER was basically plug and play and well worth the higher price.