[Techtoolslist] RASTER: FW: Using 8080 pod on Midway8080 boards (Space Invaders)

Clay Cowgill c.cowgill at comcast.net
Tue Feb 19 22:02:17 EST 2013

> We have seen a failure of a

> 6502 pod such that the address driver line was "weak" and

> couldn't always drive successfully drive the pin above the

> TTL threshold. That same pod would pass its own self test,

> presumably because the loopback inputs of the pod have higher

> impedance than the target board address lines. Perhaps

> something like that is happening here?

Out of curiosity, has anyone successfully run Tempest from the 6502 pod? I
never had any trouble using one to poke around in memory and test stuff (way
back with the Tempest multigame), but my Tempest machine would never 'run'
from the 9010. Tried a couple different CPU's and maybe even a 9005, but I
only had one 6502 pod... Never really knew if it was just my machine, the
pod or both...

-Clay