[Techtoolslist] 9010 Z-80 Pod Help needed

Jose Luiz Martins joseluizmartins at gmail.com
Thu Mar 14 20:38:32 EDT 2013

Thank you John,

I opened my both 8080 pods and there is no tied together pins and
apparently no grounded pins...

Mixed the boards and now I got one of them working - at least self tested OK.

I bought them from ArtFromNY about 10 years ago, maybe he has some
clue on what cable is it.

Thanks,

JL

On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 4:29 PM, John Robertson <jrr at flippers.com> wrote:

> Jose Luiz Martins wrote:

>> I know it's not the main subject, but i have different part numbers

>> cables.

>> Z80QT 685461 twisted

>> 6502 685479 twisted

>> 8080 604769 flat - i have two each and didn't pass self test.

>> 8085 685495 twisted

>> I also have one 6509 but it is lost.

>> JL

> Hi Jose,

> Looks like the 8080 should have the 680603 UUT cable, so the 604769s cables

> must be for some other pod (unknown to me). If you pull them off you can see

> if you can identify what pins are tied together, these are the grounded pins

> and may guide you to figuring out which pod they are actually for...

> I've updated my Fluke sales page on flippers with this info - check the

> bottom of the page:

> http://www.flippers.com/fluke.html

>>> I just checked some of my POD's and 685495 is the twisted pair cable for

>>> the 8085 POD. All of my Z80's have the twisted pair cable with the

>>> number

>>> John listed for the Z80QT: 685461. Just to add one more to the mix, I

>>> happened to be working on my 8080 POD's today and can say that all of my

>>> 8080 POD's have a twisted pair cable with the number 685487.

>>> Thanks,