[Techtoolslist] Alpha Electronics Dynamic Integrated Digital IC Tester on eBay

Default bstnguy at gmail.com
Tue Jul 16 19:26:02 EDT 2013

Hi Group,

I couldn't help myself. I figured at $19.95, this would be a cool little
device to have even if it doesn't work.

Get it in the mail, read the documentation that came with it and couldn't
find a battery. Hmm, that's odd. But there is a power jack. And
everything looks brand new, not even dust!

Pop it open, no battery but a funny thing what looks like to be a RAM
stacked on something else, a few custon chips, etc. No standard EPROMs
that I could dump, bummer.

kids are in bed, back to the schematic and it'll take between 9 and 12VAC.
Looked through my wall wart collection and found a 12VAC one.

Wired it up, hit the switch and...

COMMAND? scrolling across the screen! Figure i'll let it run for a half
hour if there is a battery somewhere and it needs to be charged.

My question to the group is, how do I dump the program on this thing?

Thanks