[Techtoolslist] Alpha Electronics Dynamic Integrated Digital IC Tester on eBay

Default bstnguy at gmail.com
Fri Aug 16 10:25:27 EDT 2013

Morning John,

Just wondering if you had any luck with the program on that little bugger.

Thanks,

Tom

On Sat, Jul 27, 2013 at 11:55 AM, Fabrizio Vasile <fabrizio.vasile at gmail.com

> wrote:

> Hi John,

> maybe this thread can help you:

> http://www.eevblog.com/forum/**testgear/dallas-nonvolatile-**

> ram-chips-battery-surgery/**msg263224/#msg263224<http://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/dallas-nonvolatile-ram-chips-battery-surgery/msg263224/#msg263224>

> ----- Original Message ----- From: "John Robertson" <jrr at flippers.com>

>>> jack. And everything looks brand new, not even dust!

>>> Pop it open, no battery but a funny thing what looks like to be a RAM

>>> stacked on something else, a few custon chips, etc. No standard

>>> EPROMs that I could dump, bummer.

>>> kids are in bed, back to the schematic and it'll take between 9 and

>>> 12VAC. Looked through my wall wart collection and found a 12VAC one.

>>> Wired it up, hit the switch and...

>>> COMMAND? scrolling across the screen! Figure i'll let it run for a

>>> half hour if there is a battery somewhere and it needs to be charged.

>>> My question to the group is, how do I dump the program on this thing?

>>> Thanks

>>> On Tue, Jul 9, 2013 at 3:46 PM, John Robertson <jrr at flippers.com

>>> <mailto:jrr at flippers.com>> wrote:

>>> I chatted with the seller and he confirms that it does NOT power

>>> up. So chances are the battery backed up system ROM has failed.

>>> Item 390623172259

>>> He reduced the price on his own from the original asking $59.95 to

>>> $19.95.

>>> Pity. I was hoping to find a good one to extract the program from