[Techtoolslist] Fluke & Midway 8080 boards...

Rodger Boots rlboots2 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 17:31:37 EDT 2014

Is there
On Jun 27, 2014 1:59 PM, "John Robertson" <jrr at flippers.com> wrote:

> Hi Andrew,
>
> Well, I'm not sure where the problem is at the moment, I don't recall
this happening in the past so indeed it could be my 8080 pod that is part
of the problem...

> I did find one cute trick - I have the Kurz Kash fixture and cards for
Sea Wolf and while it does allow you to test all the functions the LED
lights are difficult to get to light up to make sure that all the driver
transistors work. So I put the 8080 pod into Learn mode for 10000h -
1000FFh which is the I/O port for the 8080 and the lights all turn on - at
least the lights for the transistors that work...Cute. Otherwise you have
to load the the I/O data with 0F or F0 at the correct !/O port address
which I haven't gotten around to figuring out yet.

> Still can't get the high end FFs at addresses FF0h to FFFh to be stable
though...

Is there ROM at high addresses? On an 8080 the ROM should be from 0000.