[Techtoolslist] 9100FT Programmer’s Keyboard

Ian Eure ian at retrospec.tv
Wed Oct 4 01:24:50 EDT 2017

William Stillwell writes:

> A member sent me a Fluke Keyboard model # 757120 to help me finish
> development of the Fluke Keyboard Emulator ( which will just be using a Pi
> + Python Script, you will need a Genovation Keypad programmed for the extra
> keys

Interested to see how this turns out.  It will certainly be good to
have a more widely available solution.

> Ian i saw the one you bought on ebay, it looked like a "standard"
> modified AT keyboard, now that i look at it closer, i see what the did with
> the keys on that.  i wonder if you could just "dump" the eeprom or the chip
> and we can program it to a standard IBM AT keyboard?

I don’t think it would work, since the hardware is too different.
Whatever code is on the EPROM, it’s interfacing with the capacitive
switch controller, not scanning the key matrix directly like you would
with an electric switches.

It might work if you got another KeyTronics keyboard and replaced its
ROM with the Fluke one.

> Link to the model # 757120 Keyboard, and the keyboard Ian purchased on ebay.
>
> https://photos.app.goo.gl/BdRrWO04YLoxJwrg2

Appreciate the photos.  Is there any chance of getting a peek inside
the 757120 keyboard?  If it has mechanical switches and an 8031, and
an EPROM, that’s your best bet for a full reproduction keyboard.