[Techtoolslist] Fluke 68000 pod version 6 firmware

Tony Jones tony at tonyjones.com
Wed Nov 1 12:58:15 EDT 2017

Hi.

I'm repairing a couple of 68000 pods at present and it reminded me
that I'd always wanted to dig deeper into this.

Does anyone have a 68000 pod running version 6 of the firmware?   It's
documented in rev 2 of the pod manual,  and the code resides on larger
2764 EPROMs to implement the additional QT.

I've owned six 68k pods and I've never seen anything higher than rev 5.

You can get your pod version (on a 9010) by reading F0000012 (after
taking the pod out of self-test of course).  Output format is hex x0
where x is the major version.   Not sure how to do this on a 9100 as
it won't process addresses outside of what it knows as the 24bit
address space, maybe TL/1.

I need to dig deeper into the schematics to see how this is
implemented on the hw (and what the upgrade path is).  The three 68000
pods I have at present, all have the pads present for the larger 28
pin sockets (on their cpu boards) but only a 24 pin socket installed.
 The cpu board part# and the U9 PAL part# are the same in both
versions of the manual,  only the EPROM part#'s differ which is
curious as obviously the pin addressing differs between a 2732 and
2764.

Tony