[Techtoolslist] Fluke 9100 power supply schematic

Tony Jones tony at tonyjones.com
Tue Dec 4 13:07:59 EST 2018

Is there any info available on the 9100 switched power supply?

I couldn't see any discussion in the archives or anything on the ftp
site.   It was originally made by Computer Products, part#
XL160-3416/4416.   They were bought by Artesyn in the 1990s.

The XL160 seems to exist in other versions:
https://www.radwell.com/Buy/ARTESYN%20TECHNOLOGIES/COMPUTER%20PRODUCTS/XL160-3405-DIV-4405
https://www.budgetronics.eu/index.php?action=article&aid=23987&lang=EN

I called Artesyn, a) they don't release schematics b) it's an old PSU
so they'd never heard of it.

The 9100 FT service manual says:  "The Power Supply is an OEM assembly
and is replaced as a single part".    Which explains the lack of any
schematic in the manual.

I've seen the pics on the ftp archive of obviously blown caps.  The
caps on mine test good,  so I need to verify the semiconductors.  A
schematic would be helpful.

Tony