[Techtoolslist] EPROM Emulator Questions

Jess Askey jess at askey.org
Thu Jul 18 22:40:25 EDT 2019

John's AdCOM question got me thinking a little bit....

So I have an old Itasca Systems NoROM Eprom emulator, it is sorta a genius little device because it is literally a small black 'Extended 32-Pin DIP' and it only sticks up about 1.5 Inches. It has a Serial Port built in with an RJ-12 (6/8Pin?) so the cable is lightweight. They stopped making it in 2000 or so and I really just want to make more of them (functionally). Some improvements would be...

1. Switch to USB + daisy chain so you can literally have dozens of these on a PCB if really needed.
2. An improved interface for sending data to the device(s)
3. Nice in place debugging and sniffing

Anyone interested in working on a project like this with me? I can do the software side but Im not really there on the FPGA end. I have good details on the packaging of the ITASCA one and I can post pics if you want. They no longer make it or are in existence so I don't want to duplicate it per se, just build something with core functionality in the same form factor.

Email me if interested.... jess at askey.org