[Techtoolslist] Fluke 900 kit on eBay

Jess Askey jess at askey.org
Sat Jul 20 15:41:46 EDT 2019

I have used mine pretty extensively and you have to ensure that that hardware is not early otherwise they are pretty limited in functionality. Even with the newest hardware version, I have never actually gotten mine to identify a fault properly because the process of getting a valid 'performance envelope' on the working IC is challenging and loose.

With that however, I will still bid on it as I am still borrowing one to test with. So I don't even own one.

I started writing updated windows software (in place of the super clunky DOS stuff from 1993) for it but until I can prove that the Fluke 900 actually works for arcade PCB era stuff, I'm not going to spend any more time on the software dev.

My .02