[Techtoolslist] 9100 Video card original or repro

Tony Jones tony at tonyjones.com
Thu Jan 30 16:20:57 EST 2020

On Thu, Jan 30, 2020 at 1:05 PM William Stillwell <ki4swy at gmail.com> wrote:

> hopefully utSource ( which is actually located in  Wuhan  ) still have
> healthy workers... let me just say the box will "sit" in a corner for a
> month before i even attempt to open it up LOL..

utsource has a significant ecommerce website and also their own
android/ios apps
(https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ut.app) which to me
makes them a more credible supplier than Joe random eBay seller who's
reselling stuff they've bought from the Shenzhen electronics markets.
This said, I wouldn't want to lay down any kind of bet on whether the
stuff is NOS vs remark etc.

I have received a couple of bad chips from them however.  they've
always replaced/refunded and the stuff for the Fluke 9100 video cards
all worked fine (skinny RAMs and the custom 40pins).     I just make
sure I buy only the items actually sold by utsource on their website
(they allow 3rd party sellers to sell also which seems like the same
as playing the eBay lottery).

Caveat Emptor!