[Town Meeting] Refesher course on this list

Rich Carreiro rlcarr at animato.arlington.ma.us
Fri Apr 6 22:39:41 EDT 2007

As the admin of the list, I wanted to remind people
of its purpose. It is an announce-only, distribute-only
list. No discussion is to occur here. All posts are
moderated by me. I will not edit any posts -- rather, if
I don't believe it is appropriate I will reject it with
a brief explanation.

The purpose of this list when David Coletta created it
remained the same when he handed it off to me -- to in
essence be a virtual "town meeting member chair in the
auditorium to put papers on". The sort of thing you'd
be handing out on people's seats is the sort of thing to
be sending to this list.

It is recommended (but certainly not required) that
documents be sent as either plain text ot PDF whenever
possible -- that way people without Word, Excel, etc.
can see your document. That said if a post is a spreadsheet
it would be good to attach both the spreadsheet and PDF of
it to the same email, so that people with spreadsheets can
more easily analyze your data.

Once the TMM election results are final, I'll purge the
addresses of people who are no longer TMMs and I'll make
an announcement on opening night about the existence of
and purpose of the list and that new TMMs and TMMs whose email addresses
have changed who want to be on the list should get in touch with me
with their desired email addresses.

This list is a completely private endeavor and is not associated
with the Town or Town Meeting, and uses no Town resources.

Rich Carreiro rlcarr at animato.arlington.ma.us