[Town Meeting] Fw: Re: [arlington] Bridge the Gap - Returnable cans/bottles collection event - Sat May 29th - AHS - 9am to 1pm

Gordon Jamieson jamiesga at yahoo.com
Wed May 26 23:39:59 EDT 2010

http://www.arlingtoneducationfoundationma.org/bridgethegap.html

The Arlington High School Save Club together with Arlington Recycling Committee and Bridge the Gap volunteers are sponsoring a returnable can/bottle collection event this Saturday May 29th as part of the Bridge the Gap fund raising effort

What: Returnable cans/bottles collection and fund raising drive for Bridge the Gap fund raising effort

When: Saturday May 29th between 9am and 1pm

Where: Arlington High School front drive

Comment:  It is important to remember that this effort together with the yard sales, bake sales, benefit concerts/auctions are only emblematic of the larger issue at hand and the larger fund raising goal of the overall Bridge the Gap fund raising effort

To be sure during this weekend's can/bottle collection event we certainly do not anticipate collecting the 20,000,000 cans/bottles that would be required to reach the Bridge the Gap fund raising goal of $1,000,000.

Rather our objective is to provide ways for our students, families and leaders to be directly involved and to spotlight the larger issue - An issue that requires each of us to sit down, weigh the issues at hand and then to write a check for whatever amount suits our situation - Be it $25, $50, $100, $250, $500 or more

For just like the recycling slogan states - A little bit of effort [makes] A big difference!

So please remember to stop by Saturday to drop off your extra returnable bottles and cans

And then be sure to also make a direct donation to the Bridge the Gap fund - And yes just in case you're interested we will be collecting direct donations by check and will have Bridge the Gap information on site for your review and hopeful participation

Thanks, Gordon