[casual_games] ActiveX Install Success rates?

Brian Robbins brian-l at dubane.com
Fri Aug 5 14:39:16 EDT 2005

Does anyone have information on the install success rates for ActiveX
controls among casual users? I'm especially curious about things like the
PopCap Framework on zone.com and other such ActiveX controls.

We're evaluating new technologies for developing some web-based games, and
one of the big hurdles that we know users will face is the ActiveX install
process. I'd love to get an idea of what percentage other people seem to be
getting.

Thanks.

  Brian Robbins
  Director, Online Gaming