[casual_games] ActiveX Install Success rates?

Juan Gril juangril at jojugames.com
Mon Aug 8 10:39:49 EDT 2005

Hey Brian. Yep, definitely Raptisoft's solution is pretty good too. I'd say
that your success rate is tied to several different factors, and it would be
difficult to get a precise prediction. I think an important factor in this
case is completely non-technology dependant, and that is how well known the
brand of the site is. From the end user point of view I'm sure that
downloading an active-x control from kelloggs.com is more reassuring than
joescereal.com.

I personally believe that the Active-X control is a solution that over time
will be understandable by the majority of casual gamers. However, the brand
factor will affect everybody and specially the smaller sites.

Cheers,

Juan