[casual_games] Technology Follow-up

brent at def-logic.com brent at def-logic.com
Wed Aug 10 21:26:01 EDT 2005

Quoting Brian Robbins <brian-l at dubane.com>:

> Just to play the Devil's advocate a bit here...

> Aren't those 2 paragraphs contradicting one another? If they don't run great
> in Firefox, they can't be open to the largest possible audience can they?
> We're seeing Firefox usage as high as 15% on some of our recent launches.

Not really. They *do* run in Firefox, and they run perfectly in Firefox
1.5 (due
in September). The beauty of this is that they are available to any modern
browser. There is no need for any 3rd party plugin. That's my point. Flash is
great, and it is installed on most browsers. But when I started doing this,
Flash was less common--so JS seemed the best way to go.

Cheers,
Brent.