[casual_games] Game Authoring Language

BRENT SILBY (def-logic) brent at def-logic.com
Fri Aug 12 16:49:39 EDT 2005

Hi Charles,
Is it possible to post the results of the test function? I'm interested in comparing its speed to Javascript. Just insane curiosity :)

I predict JS will be slower, yet sometimes it is surprising. I've been able to run scripts with over 20 moving screen elements at 50FPS, on a pretty average machine. Flash often seems to lag with that much movement. Of course, JS does not have anti-aliasing, so that would account for a lot of speed difference.

I understand why people stick to Flash, but I really want to put JS out there. It is a lot more powerful than people give it credit. And there is a certain "coolness" about being able to design games with nothing more than a text editor. But that's the geek in me talking :)

Cheers,
Brent.
DEF-LOGIC
VIDEOGAMES