[casual_games] pricing

Lennard Feddersen lennard at RustyAxe.com
Tue Dec 13 13:37:16 EST 2005

My companies latest game, Battle Castles, has been venturing out of the
casual space sandbox where reviewers often ask the same question I do
about what we make.

How come $20 for this game where I just move my mouse and click the button?

I know that people either like what you make and buy it or they don't
and that often those who are complaining wouldn't pony up $10 either.  I
know from personal experience that games priced at $24.99 can vastly out
perform titles at $14.99 - perceived value is a real thing.  That said,
my game didn't cost 1/3 of what Doom 3 cost to make and there are lots
of multi-million dollar titles down at the local video store on sale, in
shiny packages for $20.

Anybody have a fresh new take on this one?

--
Lennard Feddersen
CEO, Rusty Axe Games, Inc.

Lennard at RustyAxe.com
P. 250-635-7623 F. 1-309-422-2466
3521 Dogwood, Terrace, BC, Canada, V8G-4Y7