[casual_games] Ballpark figures for sales volume

Brian Robbins brian-l at dubane.com
Wed Dec 28 10:33:09 EST 2005

Some of the other people here can fill you in on better numbers, but
there's a couple things I can fill in for you.

You should probably expect around a 25% revenue share, and maybe even
just 20%. Until you've established yourself it will be very difficult
to get anything higher than that.

Plan on spending a lot of time trying to get your game out on multiple
distributors. This will take much longer than you expect it to. Start
working the contacts as soon as you can, especially at GDC.

Your mystery solving and graphic adventure style games will have
reduced sales. I firmly believe these types of games can do extremely
well in the market, but today's distributors/retailers aren't set to
reach the right type of player. As a result once you stray too far
from their typical game style/demographic target your sales are going
to drop off.

-Brian