[casual_games] Welcome and Introductions

Brian Robbins brian-l at dubane.com
Wed Jul 13 11:35:58 EDT 2005

Now that the word is out, it's time to kick start this list.

Our goal is really to provide a forum and means for casual games developers
to discuss issues relating to casual game development. We really don't want
to put any limits on the discussion, and we're hoping it will include
everything from game design, technology, business models, and more.

We'll also of course use this list to announce upcoming initiatives and give
everyone a chance to volunteer to help out. As with everything the IGDA
does, we are completely community driven, and the only way that we're able
to accomplish anything is through the work of our volunteers.

There's a lot of exciting things happening in the next couple weeks,
including the "formal" announcement of this SIG at the Casual Games
Conference next week. We should also be releasing a new Quarterly, as well
as a Casual games white paper, which is a follow-up to last year's web and
downloadable games paper from the Online games SIG.

So welcome to the list, and the beginnings of this community. We look
forward to hearing more from all of you!

  Brian Robbins
  Director, Online Gaming
  <http://www.fuelgames.com/blog/>
  Chair, IGDA Casual & Online Games SIGs