[casual_games] An interesting set of definitions

BRENT SILBY (def-logic) brent at def-logic.com
Tue Jul 26 01:19:58 EDT 2005

MessageWhat about one of the many Galaga or Space Invaders remakes. These are certainly Casual games and also involve a direct manipulation of their worlds.

I think a casual game has the following simple feature: The screen exists in a certain state (A), the player has a desire to put the screen into another state (B). There are a simple set of rules the player must follow to get the screen from state (A) to (B).

Cheers,
Brent.
DEF-LOGIC
VIDEOGAMES