[casual_games] Downloadable games and revenue

Gniewko Lubecki gniewko at fertilemind.net
Tue Nov 1 15:02:51 EST 2005

I run an online games site that currently features free games that are
playable online, directly in the browser. I'm considering adding to the
site some downloadable games that users would hopefully purchase (after
a trial period).

I'm interested in finding out how much revenue similar sites are
deriving from downloadable games. What percentage of visitors can be
expected to download a game, install it, and then pay for it? I realize
that revenue-per-user will vary quite a bit depending on the type of
site, audience demographics, source of traffic, etc., but I'm just
looking for ballpark numbers to help me decide if it's worth it to look
into downloadable games as a source of revenue. I would appreciate any
concrete numbers anyone could provide.

-Gniewko