[casual_games] Pleased to announce..... Casuality Seattle, a Seattle Games Conference for Casual Game Developers, Publishers and Distributors!

Jessica Tams jessica at ckyco.net
Sun Nov 13 00:01:33 EST 2005

Thanks for the clarification Chris, I appreciate all the work you and
Cynthia have done to bring the casual game community together.

You are absolutely right! I should have given more detail in my posting and
updated everyone about all the cool things we have planned for the Casual
Games Association to bring to the community! I sincerely apologize for any
confusion I caused by my lack of a detailed explanation.

The first and foremost responsibility of the Casual Games Conference 2005
advisory committee was to serve the needs of the casual games community.
Based on the feedback the advisory committee received after the Casual Games
Conference 2005 of which the Game Initiative was the event planner and
experiences with planning Casuality Europe (http://europe.casuality.org/),
we decided that we should bring a professional event planner in to handle
the organization of the event and the conference content should be organized
by the community rather than a for profit company. We made this decision
because we felt a professional event planner and community organized content
will bring the most useful and high quality conference for the casual games
industry.

So in summary: The content and speaker selection for Casuality Seattle, a
Seattle Games Conference 2006 will be organized by the same group that
organized the content and speaker selection for Casual Games Conference
2005. The venue selection, party planning, PR, hotel discounts and food
selection for Casuality Seattle, a Seattle Games Conference 2006 will be
managed by the same group as Casuality Europe 2006.

If anyone would like the details of our analysis, or have any concerns about
this decision, please feel free to contact me or any of the old CGC advisors
for details on the decision to organize a separate event. If you don't have
contact information for the advisors, please email me and I'll pass it
along. I love phone calls, so you can also call me (+1 206-778-5134
10AM-10PM PST) if you have any questions.

The Casual Games Association is an organization that was formed to serve the
needs of casual games industry professionals. The association is still in
its infancy (less than two months in the planning) so the details are still
being worked out, so bear with me while we get everything set up :)

Although we do not have everything set up we still wanted to start serving
the community so the association is organizing two conferences and organizes
networking events. We have scheduled the basic details for the CGA to be
worked out by Casuality Europe so at that time we will be holding community
meetings and spearheading initiatives to serve the needs of the community.
(Note: this association will work in conjunction with the IGDA, I love the
IGDA)  You can read about the conferences here: http://www.casuality.org and
the monthly networking events here: http://www.casualgamesassociation.org/
-> Networking Socials. Here is the invite for the next networking social:
http://www.casuality.org/association/events/SF_HappyHour_November.jpg and
here are the photos from the last networking social:
http://www.dotphoto.com/go.asp?l=jessicatams&P=&AID=2966010&CID=1455039&T=1&
E=Y&ILD=1396376

Have a great rest of the weekend everyone and watch for more exciting
announcements. I apologize for two long boring posts in one day!

Jessica Tams

 <mailto:jessica at ckyco.net> jessica at ckyco.net

+1 206-778-5134