[casual_games] Custom browser plug-in

Jonas Beckeman list at jobe.nu
Wed Nov 23 14:27:13 EST 2005

> Keep in mind that the target market for casual games tends to
> not be as computer literate as you or I and are very cautious
> about what they download.  You will need to build a
> relationship with your target audience before they start
> using your plug-in.

Are these opinions or facts? Many people state this without the numbers or
experience to back it up.

I agree that it affects the size of the potential target audience - but much
less so if the games are high quality.

One relevant measure is the plugin rejection rate - how many people click on
the game link but decline to install the plugin. How many of you collect
that kind of data?

Mr. Rorhl, can you disclose any PopCap figures? You have both Java and
custom-plugin games on your site.

/Jonas