[casual_games] Open-source 3D web application engine : Emma3d

Murat Aktihanoglu murat at holoscape.com
Wed Nov 23 14:24:04 EST 2005

Hello,
Just wanted to announce Emma3d, our  open-source project for building 3D web
applications, such as games, visualizations, educational titles, etc.
http://emma3d.org

Emma3D is open-source ( LGPL ), runs on Windows, Linux and MacOSX, it is a
mozilla plugin, an activex control, an adobe acrobat reader plugin(in the
works) and it also works as a standalone application. It can use DirectX9,
DirectX7 or OpenGL.

You can take a look at the general FAQ here:
http://emma3d.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=10&Itemid=25

Emma is built upon Ogre3d ( http://ogre3d.org ) and the Lua scripting engine
( http://lua.org ). It also integrates AntiGrain (http://antigrain.com ) for
2d rendering and wxWidgets ( http://www.wxwidgets.org ) for cross-platform
GUI's.

We are at version 0.4, please look at the demos and you can also get the
source code and play with it.
cheers,
Murat

http://emma3d.org