[casual_games] Recommendations for a book on Flash games creation?

Hal Barwood hal at finitearts.com
Tue Oct 4 21:37:10 EDT 2005

I'd take a look at Scott Bilas' paper that accompanied his talk at GDC
2005, presumably still available on the conference site (where I got it).

I also like the Flash MX 2004 Game Programming book -- at least you get
introduced to objects and classes.

An older but still relevant book is Flash 5 (!!!) ActionScript for Fun
and Games -- just don't use the older coding style herein.

Just remember, the best thing about Flash is the wheels-within-wheels of
movie clips embedded in other movie clips.  Embrace the weirdness!

Hal