[casual_games] Recommendations for a book on Flash games creation?

Duncan Gough duncan at 3rdsense.com
Wed Oct 5 04:59:15 EDT 2005

Hello,

Jobe Makar's book is has lots of very good examples of several
different types of games (puzzle, isometric) as well as plenty of
solid code excerpts for collision detection, real-time chat and
socket servers.

The Flash Game Coders mailing list is generally quite quiet but there
are plenty of very helpful people on there too:

Finally, the flash paper that has already been recommended is not
just worth reading, it's worth printing off and reading away form
your computer:

http://www.drizzle.com/~scottb/gdc/flash-paper.htm

All the best,

Duncan
--

http://www.millionsofgames.com
http://www.suttree.com

Personally, I'd get to grips with Flash first and then worry about
Flash 8 later.