[casual_games] languages...

Austin Haas austin at pettomato.com
Wed Oct 5 10:50:34 EDT 2005

I used Pygame for a few months and thought it was fantastic. It was
amazing how easy it was to create a game. I started using it with
PyOpenGL, too, and that was really cool.

One enormous difference between Python and Flash is that there is
currently no way to play a Python game inside a browser. We stopped
persuing Python when we decided that we didn't want people to have to
install our games. If there was a plug-in for Pygame that was as
ubiquitous as Flash, I would switch back in a heartbeat. I asked about
the possibility of this a long time ago on the Pygame list, however, and
was told that it would be nearly impossible to create.

Also, I didn't have much trouble bundling the Pygame project, but if I
remember correctly your .exe will be upwards of 5mb b/c of all the
Python stuff you have to include.

-austin

Austin Haas
Pet Tomato, Inc.