[casual_games] languages... (that's an 's' at the end!)

Lennard Feddersen lennard at RustyAxe.com
Thu Oct 6 12:02:43 EDT 2005

I have been hanging in the weeds on this one because I didn't think my
caveman programmer, "you can do it all in C", sentiments would be
appreciated.

Hal is dead on.  If you go to the Wild Tangent site (as somebody here
suggested a week or two ago) and look at the faces of our real audience,
the people who are paying for these games, you will hopefully realize
how truly important it is that these games just work with no hassle.
Once those people have a bad experience and get frightened then they are
just as likely to find a new pass time as to hire somebody to solve
things for them.  In that case we all lose.

One of the reasons that Nintendo made hay for so many years is that they
delivered great games in a near indestructible format that you just had
"to push into the little thingy" and it would start up.

One question I would like answered is how to readily move my C or C++
demos into browser capable programs.  I suspect the effective answer,
for my small shop, is to hire an offshore firm to write a Flash version
and just be done.  I would love to hear about low cost, simple to use
alternatives.  I know Active X may bear some investigation here but I
was told that would exclude non M$oft browsers.

My 2 cents,

Lennard Feddersen
CEO, Rusty Axe Games, Inc.
www.RustyAxe.com

Lennard at RustyAxe.com
P. 250-635-7623 F. 1-309-422-2466
3521 Dogwood, Terrace, BC, Canada, V8G-4Y7