[casual_games] languages... (that's an 's' at the end!)

Hal Barwood hal at finitearts.com
Thu Oct 6 14:43:01 EDT 2005

I think you .NET guys underestimate the suspicious nature of computer
users who are not themselves hip coders.  An install Wizard doesn't
necessarily allay fear and loathing, just cover it over.   Most users
have had terrible experiences now and then installing perfectly innocent
software that winds up crashing their machines.  Most users are willing
to take the risk when the benefits are clear, but no one who doesn't use
it to develop can figure out .NET's value proposition.  Are you writing
installers for casual games?  Are people willing to download 25 megs to
play three-in-a-rows or mini-adventures?  In what numbers, and would
they be substantially bigger without the barrier?