[casual_games] languages... (that's an 's' at the end!)

Chris Williams chrisgwilliams at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 15:19:20 EDT 2005

Please allow me to repeat myself...

Regardless, I do agree that casual games need to be as painless as possible.
I don't think .NET is quite there yet for the casual game space. Definitely
by Vista, since it will be an inherent part of the OS, but hopefully
sooner... maybe next year.

You're probably right that the size of the redistributable is an issue for
more folks than I initially acknowledged. I won't argue that, but the fact
is pretty clear that in a couple years (quite possibly less) it won't be
near as much of an issue anymore because the .NET framework is an integral
part of Vista. Yes I know there will still be lots of legacy machines, but
make no mistake, it's coming... If you've never developed in .NET, I can
honestly say you don't know what you're missing. It's a dream come true.