[casual_games] languages... (that's an 's' at the end!)

Austin Haas austin at pettomato.com
Thu Oct 6 15:55:58 EDT 2005

This is a good discussion! I was wondering myself what the merits of
.NET were.

One thing I'd like to point out, though...

"It is no different a ‘barrier’ than Flash,
 > and I imagine the exact same sorts of discussions went on when it was
 > only a couple years old. "

When Flash 4 came out, it was only a 200kb download. I've heard a lot of
people say that it's tiny size was one of the main reasons it was so
successful. Directory was already out, and much more powerful, but I
think the download for it was upwards of 700kb. Of course, I'm sure
there were many factors, and broadband penetration was very low at that
time.

-austin

Austin Haas
Pet Tomato, Inc.