[casual_games] languages... (that's an 's' at the end!)

Lennard Feddersen lennard at RustyAxe.com
Thu Oct 6 13:01:14 EDT 2005

I agree that there is no right or wrong here and that it can be a great
time saver to talk to other programmers rather than learn everything
yourself. I am definitely in the "lots of self-built libraries camp" but
for reasons of personal education:

Client/server stuff is one of the places I will be heading. How would
.NET make that easier? BTW, I have been to the TrayGames site and it
seems like an all-inclusive dev. platform. Will there be other options
for people like me looking for ready access to gamers and non-exclusive
solutions? Specifically I am looking for more market exposure for my
games (such as the GameSpy SDK provides but for a $45K price tag - no
thanks I'll code my own), an easy to use piece of lobby software and
possibly an easy to plug-in, solid and source code provided alternative
to rolling my own winSock client/server solution.

On another note, for me, doing Flash versions of new titles seems like a
necc. evil to build greater product awareness. Am I missing something? I
don't see how Flash games directly earn $ except for the larger portals
who will happily carry them and earn ad $.

Lennard Feddersen
CEO, Rusty Axe Games, Inc.
www.RustyAxe.com

Lennard at RustyAxe.com
P. 250-635-7623 F. 1-309-422-2466
3521 Dogwood, Terrace, BC, Canada, V8G-4Y7