[casual_games] languages... (that's an 's' at the end!)

Joe Pantuso jpantuso at traygames.com
Thu Oct 6 17:36:07 EDT 2005

The direct play stuff was killed off awhile back.  There's no real support
for it going forward.

The good news if you want to roll your own networking and are working in
.NET is that the new sockets model exposed in there is pretty clean.  The
bad thing is if you are doing twitch games they don't give you any latency
compensation etc. in there.

Better news is that if you are doing multi-player and .NET we have an API
you can use to host your game on our network so we can take care of all the
hard and non-game stuff for you  :-)

Also someone mentioned that MS needs to promote .NET better etc.  It is
worth mentioning that they'll be promoting TrayGames as part of the VS 2005
launch next month.

You'll start seeing a significant population of people who already have .NET
on their system soon.  And then comes Vista!  Anyone who gets the ball
rolling now will be really well placed when Vista releases.