[casual_games] Platform for multi-player Flash games

Mahesh Khambadkone mahesh at ltp.soft.net
Wed Oct 19 01:39:57 EDT 2005

Hi Rajat,

>> I'd be curious to hear if people think any of this sounds reasonable,
>> or if y'all think I'm smokin' dope.

I think that you have the idea implemented thus far is awesome.
It becomes more marketing play coupled with selective development choices
hereon.

>> 4. We're also working on making the games "embeddable" in web pages,
>> RSS feeds, etc. outside of Bunchball.com, so that the games aren't
>> tethered to the portal, but can be played anywhere - giving them much
>> more visibility.

The Web 2.0 of it kicks in once you're able to include the embeddable
games functionality.  Which is perhaps when you will get more developers
onto your bandwagon.

For now, the social networking component seems to position it as a means
for developers to flog the games to their friends (or lose them through
the numerous ads ! )  I think you ought to come up with a business model for
early developers, who build this early portfolio of future-embeddable games,
to benefit from the upside down the line.  You'd need to be selective on
the quality of games that constitute this portfolio because the qualtiy is
going to matter more once the games become more visible.

What powers the ad selection and delivery system ?

Kudos to you and your team.

Mahesh
mahesh at ltp.soft.net
www.lisletech.com

If you receive this message in error, please immediately delete it and
all copies of it from your system, destroy any hard copies of it and
notify the sender. You must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose,
intended recipient.

Lisle Technology Partners Pvt. Ltd. and any of its subsidiaries each
reserve the right to monitor all e-mail communications through its
networks.

individual sender, except where the message states otherwise and the
sender is authorized to state them to be the views of any such entity.