[casual_games] future of shockwave

Austin Haas austin at pettomato.com
Fri Oct 21 16:25:48 EDT 2005

There's now way to know why, but I would bet that the install base would
have to be the biggest factor.

We were also targeting kids, and they were very quick to adopt the
newest version of Flash, so I can't believe that they just weren't
willing to download a new plug-in. That said, I believe that upgrading
Flash has always been easier than Shockwave, too, but I could be wrong.

The shockwave games weren't any larger. We had the same requirements for
either Flash or Shockwave based games.

I should also mention that many of our vendors started moving away from
Shockwave, too, because they were able to find more people with Flash
skills. (But that is unrelated to my previous comment about the
popularity of the games.)

-austin

Austin Haas
Pet Tomato, Inc.