[casual_games] future of shockwave

BRENT SILBY brent at def-logic.com
Fri Oct 21 16:44:13 EDT 2005

I think the real difference could be that Flash come preloaded with windows. Shockwave does not. So if someone wants to run a shockwave game, they need to download shockwave. It won't work if they are logged on as a limited user account, so they have to go to admin. Then if they are using Winxp SP2, they have to navigate through the security risk warnings--you know the ones: "you are about to download something, do you want to continue?",
"Are you sure?",
"Really?"
"This could screw your system if you continue!"

Its a pain in the neck. Much easier to just click on the next game, which is in Flash.

Brent.
DEF-LOGIC
VIDEOGAMES
www.def-logic.com