[casual_games] future of shockwave

Duncan Gough duncan at 3rdsense.com
Fri Oct 21 17:35:27 EDT 2005

Hello Brent,

If shockwave is a quick way for you to convert dhtml games then it is
probably worth the time and effort as it fits the criteria you've
outlined (browser incosistencies, downloadable versions). However,
looking ahead it does seem that flash is being given more attention
by Macromedia. The recent Actionscript 3.0 news certainly make it
sound that way:

http://labs.macromedia.com/wiki/index.php/ActionScript_3:overview

I'd also point you in the direction of the dirGames mailing list,
especially the start of a thread about Actionscript 3.0, here:

http://nuttybar.drama.uga.edu/pipermail/dirgames-l/2005-October/
036341.html

Personally, if you're looking to offer more than browser-based, dhtml
games then I'd recommend flash despite the fact that you may have to
rewrite a lot more code.

Of course, I can't wait to see what puzzle games you come up.

Duncan

--
http://www.millionsofgames.com/members/suttree/