[casual_games] Casual Games Wiki Deletion

Brian Robbins brian-l at dubane.com
Sat Oct 22 16:34:18 EDT 2005

Will, thanks for bringing this to my attention. I'm actively working with
Jason Della Rocca to get this resolved. The reason the Blockdot page was
flagged for deletion is as Allan mentioned, it contains personal contact
information, and we are trying to keep the wiki free of any classified ads.

However, as mentioned in an earlier thread there is a need and value to
having a list of developers and publishers, and this content is entirely
appropriate to the Wiki. I have moved the previous lists to within the
Casual Games namespace, and would like to encourage all of you to help
contribute to the Developer
(http://www.igda.org/wiki/index.php/Casual_Games_SIG/Developers) and
Publisher (http://www.igda.org/wiki/index.php/Casual_Games_SIG/Publishers)
sections.

I would like to get more of your opinions on having full pages on the wiki
dedicated to a single company (such as the Blockdot page:
http://www.igda.org/wiki/index.php/Blockdot  I can see potential value for
this as it allows everyone to provide a greater level of information than we
want on the Publisher or Developer listings. However there is a fine line
between providing information and becoming a space for classified ads. What
do all of you think? At the end of the day this is your Wiki and we all want
to make sure that it contains the kind of content that you find useful.

In specific response to Allan, while his comments have been true in the
past, I am confident that we are moving beyond that point, and we as a SIG
are going to start actively utilizing this Wiki to share knowledge with the
community, as well as to collaborate on future projects. I will be actively
monitoring all changes on the Casual SIG space and we will be able to
rectify any "liberal editing and deletion"  Please do not let that concern
prevent you from contributing.

For those of you that are new to Wiki's, I'd also like to encourage you to
learn more in the Quickstart Guide
http://www.igda.org/wiki/index.php/IGDAwiki:Quick_Start_Guide

Thanks everyone!
--