[casual_games] RE: Business models

Margaret Wallace margaret at skunkstudios.com
Thu Sep 1 14:57:39 EDT 2005

One pervasive trend I see in the Casual Games market is that production
budgets are continuously going up and so are production cycles  --  but
the "churn rate" for the majority of casual games on portals is higher
than ever: a week or two at best.

All of this leads me to question: At what point do you see minimizing
returns for these hefty production budgets and development cycles?

Of course, part of the answer lies in continuously churning out hit
games, however, I worry these conditions may impede growth and
innovation.

Thoughts?