[casual_games] RE: Casual_Games Digest, Vol 3, Issue 10

Kim Pallister kimpall at microsoft.com
Thu Sep 8 12:14:04 EDT 2005

Subject: RE: [casual_games] Portals: Room for improvement?

>> P.S. I really like your idea about sharing more
>> detailed stats with
>> developers. In a market where most portals STILL
>> don't offer real-time
>> sales reporting to developers, this is a step in the
>> right direction.

>Great! I am really aiming to have developers want to get the most they
can out of using our portal. So help me help you...what kind of stats
would be the most beneficial to you guys?

Given that this attitude (lack of trust in publishers) is pretty rampant
in the dev community, I'd say that a publisher (casual or not) could
gain a competitive advantage by offering the following to their
developers:

"Quarterly reports on your game title(s)' sales data, reported out via
an independent 3rd party auditing firm."

Alternatively, monthly reports (unaudited) followed up by a once or
twice a year audited report - again, from an independent, impartial, 3rd
party auditing firm.

I'll bet you could even bill it to the developers or split the
difference or something, and still have takers.

If you've got nothing to hide, why not?

Kim