[casual_games] MOG

Chris Cowherd chris at chriscowherd.com
Thu Sep 22 10:42:04 EDT 2005

The site is visually appealing and pretty unique. I don't think I've
seen someone do something quite like this.

I like the Gameology page with the stats, especially the "All time plays
graph" and "Who Mogged this game?".  Should be interesting over time.
It's definitely got an emphasis toward online games as you say. I wonder
how it would fly if there was a standardized API / XML format that
offline games could post to provide number of plays and other anonymous
stats to MOG on a voluntary basis. Site visitors could then see
someone's favorite games based on number of plays along side the online
games.

Obviously there are logistics to work out (security, integrity,
anonyminity etc.) but nothing that hasn't been done before.

Congrats!  Wish I had thought of it.  :)

Chris Cowherd