[casual_games] Market Penetration of Flash 7?

Morbus Iff morbus at disobey.com
Thu Sep 22 16:58:58 EDT 2005

> In my experience both Mac and Windows machines do pretty well with Flash
> Player 7 (don't go for anything earlier, is my advice).  That's not a
> big deal, but the subtly different way Mac and Windows treat color &
> grey scales is noticeable, so watch out:  if you develop on a Mac, the
> 95% of your audience that will play on Windows will see more contrast
> and darker colors (roughly speaking).

During monitor gamma customization from the OS X System Pref, you can
choose the gamma and white levels (I've forgotten the exact terms) - one
of the options is an equivalent of a PC machine, if I remember correctly.

--
Morbus Iff ( you are nothing without your robot car, NOTHING! )
O'Reilly Author, Weblog, Cook: http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/au/779