[casual_games] Re: Casual games user groups (player side)

Jay Bibby jbibby at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 13:19:57 EDT 2005

Thanks, Andy, for the mention. I have been subscribed to this mailing list
since the launch of the Casual Games SIG, and I have enjoyed the excellent
discussions that have been on it so far.

Regarding websites/forums dedicated to casual games, you might also want to
check out http://www.nordinho.com/ and Graeme Walton's
http://www.lazylaces.com/

Both sites have an active user community that helps each other solve the
games that get posted. Nordinho has the format of a forum, while Lazylaces
follows a blog format.

Fostering community participation and involvement is a direction that I have
taken my own blog, jayisgames.com <http://jayisgames.com>, since I view
community as an important component of the casual games market. For
instance, I have been encouraging submissions of game reviews by visitors
themselves, and have received much support in this area.

best,

Jay Bibby
Graduate student
Game design and development