[casual_games] What's a good language?

Donald Bahlman dbahlman at xblitz.com
Mon Apr 10 18:20:20 EDT 2006

Hi all.

I do so enjoy this group.

I have a (maybe not so) simple question to ask.  I am in the process of redesigning my website.  As I am a HTML and Java kind of guy, I have realized that it may be time to expand into another language so we can streamline and do more cool stuff on our site.  (I'd like to kill two birds with one stone: 1) Learn a new language myself, and 2) Rollout the new site with that language.)  Right now our focus is primarily based on the download model.  And it seems we are evolving into more of a portal site as well.

So, what would you guys recommend? PHP, ASP, JSP, Perl, AJAX, etc.?  or stay with HTML?

And what do you guys find useful, fast and flexible on your sites?

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks everyone!

Donald Bahlman, CEO/Founder
xBlitz Entertainment

www.xblitz.com