[casual_games] Advergaming

Thomas H. Buscaglia thb at gameattorney.com
Wed Apr 12 16:26:15 EDT 2006

Apples _ Advergames funded by a corporate client

Oranges - Ingame Advertising - included in a game
and providing ancillary revenue to developer

With Apples it is the client's problem to get the
game out there.  Usually through their own
channels - for example the little games that go
on movie sites to provide additional content when
folks come looking for info on the film.

With Oranges, (as I understand it) if your game
does not have decent perpetration, IA is
meaningless because without strong sales you are
not able to deliver the necessary "eyeballs" to
get a decent earn through.  If I have this part
wrong, please elucidate Lennard.

Tom B