RES: [casual_games] Advergaming

Chris Williams chrisgwilliams at gmail.com
Wed Apr 12 16:28:48 EDT 2006

This is a little offtopic, but only a little...

I worked on an advergame of sorts for RJ Reynolds (yes the cigarette
company) about 6 years ago.

Yes, yes... I know, the evil megacorp... but before you start laughing, it
was actually part of their youth anti-smoking campaign (I believe it was
called Right Decisions, RIght Now.)

It was a fairly simple baseball style game built in Flash.  The intent,
ironically, was to promote other fun activities (such as sports) for
kids *instead
of* using their products.

Just thought I'd toss that one in.  It was a fun project.

Chris