[casual_games] Flash programming for Java progammers?

Kenton White k.white at i2learning.com
Thu Apr 13 08:21:09 EDT 2006

I have an interesting request...

My existing project's code base is in flash.  It uses action script 2.0 and
is very object oriented.  In other words, it looks to me more like a Java
than a flash program!

An experienced programmer is joining our team with a Java and C++ backgroun.
He has asked for books about development in the flash environment.

And now the request...  does anyone have recommendations for an introduction
to the flash programming environment that is geared towards the experienced
Java programmer?

I'm aware of Colin Moock's "Essential ActionScript 2.0" and found that
book's approach and content level helpful when I was migrating to Flash.
Are there any other books with a similar content level or approach to
Moock's the group can recommend?

Kenton