[casual_games] RE: Advergaming

JMcMinn at blockdot.com JMcMinn at blockdot.com
Wed Apr 12 16:40:14 EDT 2006

I would not consider putting an unrelated ad into a game "advergaming"
as the term is used in the field rather "ad supported games". A true
advergame is a more integrated/submersive brand experience rather than
taking a typical casual game and throwing up a Ford ad between rounds on
a downloadable game.

Our company derives the majority of our revenue from advergaming.
Although we are in the casual game business, advergaming requires an
additional set of expertise to handle working with and developing
relationships with large brands that use advergaming as part of their
media mix.

Jason McMinn
Co-founder
Blockdot, Inc.